Simplicity for C&C

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wanted to isolate a single daylily bloom against a dark background.

This was taken hand held at f/7.1, 1/250th, iso 200 with a 105mm lens.
PP includes cropping, sharpening, and removal of some background stems and buds.

DSC06632donebest.jpg

Very pretty. Only c&c that I can offer is that your focus is a little farther back than I would like. I'd rather the focus on the stems in the middle, but it looks like it's more on the pedals right behind the stems.

Very pretty. Only c&c that I can offer is that your focus is a little farther back than I would like. I'd rather the focus on the stems in the middle, but it looks like it's more on the pedals right behind the stems.

You're right, I did miss the stamen focus on this one. These flowers are difficult to get at a pleasing angle and completely in focus...back to the drawing board. :confused: Thanks

the stem looks like bitten by an insect or is it from the eraser tool in post processing?
either way, could have soften the edges on that one, it'll look better imo.

the stem looks like bitten by an insect or is it from the eraser tool in post processing?
either way, could have soften the edges on that one, it'll look better imo.

I think that's where an old bud or two had been removed because the only area I used the clone tool on was the bottom right portion of the background.

Most reactions

Back