Since We Are Doing Zoos Now ...

SCraig

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
sc-photo-tn.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since we are doing zoos now here are a few from the Nashville Zoo.

#1 - Bengal Eagle Owl - His name is Archimedes, and I think this species is the only one with bright orange eyes.
2011-01-08-15b.jpg

#2 - Eurasian Lynx Cub - His name is Blitz and he was about a year old when I shot this
2011-05-14-07.jpg

#3 - Clouded Leopard Cub - This is one of three cubs that were born at the zoo and at the time of this photo this one was about a month old. I'm not up on their biology but the adults at the zoo have yellow eyes whereas this one obviously has gorgeous blue eyes.
2011-06-19-01.jpg

#4 - Hyacinth Macaw - These guys always look like they are grinning to me.
2010-11-20-002.jpg

The macaw is fantastic – the background colours complement (and compliment) his plumage really well.

The macaw is fantastic – the background colours complement (and compliment) his plumage really well.
Thank you, I appreciate that. I think the zoo designers set up their area just for photographers. The birds sit on some trees that are close to the fence and there are large trees a good distance behind them. In the fall, and that shot was taken in late fall last year, the trees behind them are gorgeous and they do compliment the birds very well. I've got shots of them in virtually every season but that one is one of my favorites.

Very nice! Love that Owl! :)

What lens did you use here?

Like the first and last one, great colours!
I think they were all with my 70-300 VRII f/4.5-5.6. I didn't look at the EXIF information (it's in the images) but that's the lens I usually go to the zoo with.

Thanks, much appreciated.

I'm not wild about the background of the owl. The shot was taken at a zoo photo class (I like to go because I get to shoot animals that aren't normally on display) and it was in the morning. The brilliant background is the morning sun blasting against a light colored building. It is eye-grabbing (or blinding!) but I would have preferred a more muted background such as some trees.

Thanks, much appreciated.

I'm not wild about the background of the owl. The shot was taken at a zoo photo class (I like to go because I get to shoot animals that aren't normally on display) and it was in the morning. The brilliant background is the morning sun blasting against a light colored building. It is eye-grabbing (or blinding!) but I would have preferred a more muted background such as some trees.

really makes the owl stand out though.. strong contrast! I like shots like that myself!

really makes the owl stand out though.. strong contrast! I like shots like that myself!
I like strong contrast shots to, but that one is a little strong for my tastes. It matches his eyes beautifully but I lost a little detail around his ears because it literally got burned out by the background.

Most reactions

Back