Single step risers

Many Hats

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have a source for risers at a reasonable price? All I want is a bench type riser about 6ft long, about 12" wide and about 12-18" tall. Almost like a picnic table bench without the table. I need these to put behind the standing row in a sports team group picture. I found one company, but thay want over $250/6ft riser!

Any ideas for something portable & affordable?
Thanks,
Laura

Big box home store.A talk with a knowledgeable sales associate. Lumber. Spray paint. Wood screws. A few galvanized brackets. Sweat equity. Build it so you can slide six castor wheels into the bottom,and tow it with a short length of rope,unless you're really strong. You don't need much in the way of tools to build a bench. Obviously, the castors will be removed before having people stand on the bench!

OK, I thought about something like that, but I'm an old wimp lady. No, not that old or wimpy, but already have to drag a table and samples to sports shoots. Was looking for something more like the plastic tables sold at every big box store, but in a more sutible form. Ie: short and skinny like risers!

I like your idea, but would need about (2) 4-6' long risers and not sure how casters would work with me pulling these across a long football field. Do you do this yourself? If so, do you have pictures as everything I visualize weighs a ton.

Are you planning on supporting 400 to 500 pounds of walking litigation potential on each six foot long riser made of plastic?

What about using whatever bleachers or stands are available on the spot? I assumed you needed these for indoor use. If you're not strong enough to carry something sturdy enough across a football field, then you need wither 1) a strong assistant or 2) a small cart, hand truck, or a wheelbarrow.

Most reactions

Back