What's new

Sinking Ladywood

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Collapsing any day now...

p1271129080-4.jpg
 
Poor old home that once gave warmth and shelter to the family....did you enter?
 
Nice, how about a wider lens and get closer ot eliminate the fence in the foreground. Usually I like foreground items, but in this case it doesn't seem to add to the subject itself instead taking away as a dark spot in the corner.
 
Poor old home that once gave warmth and shelter to the family....did you enter?
I did not. Provincial trespassing laws forbid entering a property that's fenced off, even if it's abandoned.

Nice, how about a wider lens and get closer ot eliminate the fence in the foreground. Usually I like foreground items, but in this case it doesn't seem to add to the subject itself instead taking away as a dark spot in the corner.
We couldn't get closer due to the fence. I do have a different shot without the fence – but also without the reflection, which for me is key, and colder in tone due to the sun being partially behind the clouds:

p1271148756-4.jpg



Thank you, guys.
 
"Sinking ladywood" giggity

great photo, you made a cold scene look warm.
 
This is a neat shot. I am a sucker for old collapsing buildings. When I see something like this, I think HDR - don't know why, I just do. Would you care to share what part of the Great White North this was?

WesternGuy
 
I love abandoned places, very cool.
 
Nice, how about a wider lens and get closer ot eliminate the fence in the foreground. Usually I like foreground items, but in this case it doesn't seem to add to the subject itself instead taking away as a dark spot in the corner.

Agree. However it's still a very good shot.
 
Great capture. I was also thinking of a full head on shot--if possible, and maybe in B&W, to accentuate the cave in.

And even if you could, I would by no means enter a place like that!
 
I like the fence in the first crop. Cool Pic. :thumbup:
 
I like the crisp colours and the subject is interesting. Well timed too as I don't think it will be standing for too much longer! :thumbup:
 
Yeah, the first. The fence bothered me a little at first, but then I guess it grew on me. I also like the shadows across the snow in the foreground of the first.
 
"Sinking ladywood" giggity
Ladywood :)

Would you care to share what part of the Great White North this was?
See link above ;)

Great capture. I was also thinking of a full head on shot--if possible, and maybe in B&W, to accentuate the cave in.

And even if you could, I would by no means enter a place like that!
I did try other compositions, including one facing the house from the side, but ultimately decided to process this (well, these). I might still process one of the head-on photos.

Thank you all!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom