jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0528.JPG

Cute!

I like what they are wearing.

Trying to decide if I like the splash of color from the soccer ball, or whether I would crop it out. Very nice either way...

Thanks, I was wondering on the ball as well. I have mixed thoughts on it. Maybe someone else will chime in.

80803991a578841a7c3438077efcbd06.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I like the second one.. sans ball.

I didn't mind it in, but it looks way better without.

I didn't mind it in, but it looks way better without.
I'm leaning that way as well. I think the ball distracts the subject matter and is not necessary.

is not necessary.
Agree with this. Both sisters are dressed up rather formally, and the older sister is feeding the younger sister. Not sure how a soccer ball fits. :abnormal:;)

The soccer ball sort of marks the era this was shot in...those multi-colored balls were not available 10 years ago. I'd think about cloning out that small white piece of trash or whatever it is. I'm with the poster who said he didn't mind the ball but thinks it looks better without the ball...

It's interesting: with the ball in the frame, it makes it look somehow like they are on a small, downhill/sidehill stretch of grass. That might be something to leverage, and perhaps rotate this image clockwise by 1-2 degrees, to further emphasize that feeling just a wee bit more. It is a good "moment" to capture between the sisters.

The soccer ball sort of marks the era this was shot in...those multi-colored balls were not available 10 years ago. I'd think about cloning out that small white piece of trash or whatever it is. I'm with the poster who said he didn't mind the ball but thinks it looks better without the ball...

It's interesting: with the ball in the frame, it makes it look somehow like they are on a small, downhill/sidehill stretch of grass. That might be something to leverage, and perhaps rotate this image clockwise by 1-2 degrees, to further emphasize that feeling just a wee bit more. It is a good "moment" to capture between the sisters.
I will have to go back to the original to see if there's more space on the sides to let me tilt a little. Good idea.

OK, tilted one degree, cake fallen on ground cloned out, one with ball and one without. Surprised how different it looks 1 degree tilt, never would have even crossed my mind. It adds a lot of drama to it.

DSC_0528 no 2.jpg

DSC_0528 no 3.jpg

Here are two with a 2 degree tilt. Hey I got enough now to stack for a HDR... forget it... With the tilts it changes things with the ball. Almost makes it belong there now. Not sure but I like them both and prefer the 2 degree. I just noticed I got a little sloppy on the crops. I'm rushing it because I got to get on the road.

DSC_0528 4.jpg

DSC_0528 5.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah...I knew the tilt would dramatically change the image dynamics. And now, since I know the thing on the ground was actually cake...it could easily be made relevant by captioning the photo in a slightly more descriptive way...like, for example, "Sonya's Birthday Party" or "Who Says Little Sister's Don't Like Cake?" The captioning of a photo plays a big part in how that photo is interpreted and made sense of in the minds of the viewers.

Final edit. 2 ° with no ground cake or ball. Better framing. Thanks Derrel, lesson well consumed. Awesome outside of the box editing tilt in a photo. Huge composition learning exercise.

ccd4ff346fa745ee0277b39b8318117a.jpg

Both images are quite nice but I do prefer the second.

Dave

Most reactions

Back