Sisters

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Summer and Diana, sisters that I photographed for a local hair salon. I decided not to do any retouching on these because I don't think they need it. Shot in natural light. Both images were shot using a Canon 5D classic with a Canon 85mm f/1.8 lens attached set to f/5.6.

_mg_1551_1_by_danostergren-dcgpbk8.jpg

This one had a small square white reflector used for fill light.
_mg_1521_by_danostergren-dcgpcek.jpg

Last edited:
Two beautifully taken images Dan, really like the #1 shot that I am sure both sisters are very happy with.

Are all your models photogenic or do you make them appear that way? I'd love more info on how you achieved this (without giving away too many secrets, of course.)

Beautiful ladies, beautiful photos. It's so nice to see un-retouched images that emphasize the "realness" of young, attractive people. I prefer seeing the tiny realities of human skin and faces, as opposed to retouched and perfected but patently false photos.

Beautiful. I really like them both but the 2nd one just pulls you right in.

Are all your models photogenic or do you make them appear that way? I'd love more info on how you achieved this (without giving away too many secrets, of course.)
I think it's a 50/50 shared job. I contribute my experience/ skill and the models do as well. The salon also put work in to make the girls look their best.

Beautiful ladies, beautiful photos. It's so nice to see un-retouched images that emphasize the "realness" of young, attractive people. I prefer seeing the tiny realities of human skin and faces, as opposed to retouched and perfected but patently false photos.
Thank you. I was inspired by reading an interview of Peter Lindbergh, who prefers not to retouch the skin on his models. The imperfections add a layer of authenticity to his photos, and you can appreciate the skill behind the photography a lot more in my opinion. Thats something I would really like to achieve.

Most reactions

Back