Site Improvements I'd love to see

I'd like to see that Lostprophet bloke posting photos again, he was my favourite

Is he still alive? I heard he got too close to a penguin and it mauled him and I've never heard of anyone surviving that!

BTW, in each message in the info for each poster is "join date"... I would rather see (or see in addition to) "Last activity" with a date.

Bumping this back-upBTW, in each message in the info for each poster is "join date"... I would rather see (or see in addition to) "Last activity" with a date.

You can view this in there public profile, I think its just more clutter to have around your name.

How does everyone feel about a camera bag field in your profile?

Something like Talk Photography

I'd like to see that Lostprophet bloke posting photos again, he was my favourite
:hug::

Is he still alive? I heard he got too close to a penguin and it mauled him and I've never heard of anyone surviving that!
penggifhb1.gif

What do ya'll think about stricter "Buy and Sell" privileges? Maybe you can't start a thread there until you have XX amount of posts combined with 1 month membership. I've seen this work well.

What do ya'll think about stricter "Buy and Sell" privileges? Maybe you can't start a thread there until you have XX amount of posts combined with 1 month membership.

I brought this issue up a month ago the general feeling was that more posts doesn't give you safer transactions so why bother putting a cap on it.

What do ya'll think about stricter "Buy and Sell" privileges? Maybe you can't start a thread there until you have XX amount of posts combined with 1 month membership.

I brought this issue up a month ago the general feeling was that more posts doesn't give you safer transactions so why bother putting a cap on it.

Thanks for the reply. I hope the consensus is correct. I try to do my part wisely.

Yes, I think the consensus on the buy & sell section is that we (site mods/admin/owners) have a pretty much 'hands off' policy and it's buyer beware. If we prevent some members, thus allowing others...it seems like we could be vouching for the credibility of those who meet the criteria. And of course, we can't actually vouch for anyone....so it's just better to stay clear of trying to control it.

it seems like we could be vouching for the credibility of those who meet the criteria.

Also an issue I thought of but didn't quite know how to put into words.

Yes, I think the consensus on the buy & sell section is that we (site mods/admin/owners) have a pretty much 'hands off' policy and it's buyer beware. If we prevent some members, thus allowing others...it seems like we could be vouching for the credibility of those who meet the criteria. And of course, we can't actually vouch for anyone....so it's just better to stay clear of trying to control it.

Thanks for this reply too. I respect that answer. I feel like it does boost the credibility / accountability somewhat.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back