What's new

Six Doors and a Sea Gull

bribrius said:
something i cant stand about dslrs. changing lenses......
ive missed stuff dealing with lens changes or having the wrong lens.
Nice of the bird to wait..
as already said, i think the white stripe really helps this too.

This changing of lenses stuff...yeah...that's one of the reasons a lot of people use a zoom lens with a somewhat wide zoom ratio when doing various types of street/walkaround/photowalk/scenic type shooting...you never need to change lenses to get the framing you want from where you happen to be when a nifty photo opportunity presents itself. And yeah, we've all been there, with "the wrong lens on" when something cool occurred...I think this is why the 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM is so popular for Canon FF. And why in earlier days the 28-105mm zooms were popular, as well as 35-70, 35-105, and so on.

That said, I still prefer the tiny Nikkor primes like 24/35/50...they don't freak people out the way a bigger lens sometimes can. Our sleist though...he makes a good point about the seagull waiting for him to change lenses...gulls KNOW the two-legged intruders often carry food in those big bag thingiess we strap across our flightless useless wing-arms...
 
When I shoot with the D7100 I'm usually carrying my 2.8 zooms - Nikon 17-55 and 70-200, and the Tokina 11-16 - unless I'm shooting macro.
I had the 70-200 on the camera when I saw this.

I love the 17-55 on the D7100 as a walk around. It really works for just about everything unless you need to shoot long.

When I use the D700, it fast primes - 24, 35, 50, and 85. When I want a zoom it's the 70-300 which really shines on the D700.
I had considered the 24-120 f/4 but decided I didn't care enough to spend the money.
Changing lenses doesn't bother me, but you get over babying your equipment pretty quickly if you want to be quick about things.
I stopped bringing caps and covers a long time ago because they just slow you down and get in the way.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom