size of your best prints?

I like 8x12 and 10x15 for framing. They are big, but not to big when a 3" mat and frame are added.

I like to see them bigger once and a while though. I have 12x18s and 20x30s lying around.

I really like 4x6s though as well. It all depends on the photo.

ksmattfish said:
I print them at the size they look best
Print size is based on a lot of things, how they look engendered, where it will be displayed, is part of a set, impact and etc. Personally where the print will be displayed is the key dissection on size for me.

I do most of mine at either 16x20 or 11x14, but in my living room i have one that's 40x60, one thats 30x40 and one thats 18x48,,,i love the biggies...

Jeff Canes said:
Print size is based on a lot of things, how they look engendered, where it will be displayed, is part of a set, impact and etc. Personally where the print will be displayed is the key dissection on size for me.

Where they will be displayed is a big factor in how big I decide to print and mat an image.

I like big prints too, but some images look really good when they are printed small (like 5x7 or a 6x6). The size of the image can impart something that affects the emotions of the viewer.

Most reactions

Back