What's new

SJCAM SJ5000+ Action Camera

VidThreeNorth

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Oct 21, 2016
Messages
1,614
Reaction score
506
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Years ago I decided to use Action Cameras to supplement by main camcorders for making videos. The two that I modified were an SJCAM SJ5000+ and a GitUp Git2. Neither was a "4K' camcorder, but both exceeded Full HD (1080p at 30p). The modification was replacing the fisheye lenses with rectilinear lenses. I tested the SJ5000+ recently to see if it was still functioning. It is working well. I set exposure to +0. As I recall, when I was using it before, I generally used +1/3 stop on cloudy days. But of course, exposure depends on the subject matter. As Josh Yoh's video shows, these camcorders are apparently now available supporting 4K for around $200 US. I would expect that some of them should prove good enough for "B-cam" use.

20240709 modified SJCam 5000plus Time ~15:30 Automotive Traffic
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom