Skateboarding, first attempt

rob91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are crude, taken at night, ISO 1600, f/2.8, and 1/60. My first time trying to capture a sport, I post these because I think they're some cool action shots and also because what the hell, why not.

This is in the drive thru of a bank if anyone's curious. I loved the lighting in that area, if I tried again I would have to work out a way to do it with higher shutter...maybe trying flash.

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Ya, either do it with more light (brighter location or time of day) to get a faster shutter speed...Use a faster lens...or use flash to freeze the movement.

Like Mike said, you need either more light or a faster shutter speed.

OR

If you still want the cool blurry trail effects to show the skater in motion and you have a flash gun you could try and do some second curtain synch shots.

Essentially set the flash to fire at the end of the exposure instead of the start, so you get a blurry trail image of the skater leading up to the sharp image of them when the flash goes off. The longer the exposure the longer the trail.

I had some exmaples I took a few years back but seem to have misplaced them, try a google search of the term for examples.

Most reactions

Back