Skimmers

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found a couple skimmers skimming the marsh for dinner ... I also found my Tamron 150-600 doesn't like low light action shots but I guess that's to be expected.

668-Skimmer-marsh-cvt-fn-web.jpg

764-Skimmer-marsh-cvt-fn.jpg

582-Skimmer-marsh-cvt-fn (2).jpg

Cool, they look like pterodactyls. While the grain can't be helped they are still very nice shots, low light action is a bugger!

I think they are good shots. And as they say, it's always better to get the shot than not.

Good set......

thanks, I appreciate that but they aren't that good
Good set......
Cool, they look like pterodactyls. While the grain can't be helped they are still very nice shots, low light action is a bugger!
I think they are good shots. And as they say, it's always better to get the shot than not.
I found a couple skimmers skimming the marsh for dinner ... I also found my Tamron 150-600 doesn't like low light action shots but I guess that's to be expected.

View attachment 193553

View attachment 193554

View attachment 193555
I love the reflections in the third one.

Thanks guys.

I'm envious. I've seen them on the Delmarva peninsula but never here around DC as I think they prefer salt water marshes. I really like the middle shot.

Beautiful pictures! A longer lens tends to be darker, therefore a longer shutter speed or higher ISO may be necessary, but you know these things! In fact, I think you taught me. =]

I'm envious. I've seen them on the Delmarva peninsula but never here around DC as I think they prefer salt water marshes. I really like the middle shot.
Beautiful pictures! A longer lens tends to be darker, therefore a longer shutter speed or higher ISO may be necessary, but you know these things! In fact, I think you taught me. =]

Thank you both.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back