Sky on fire

Arkanjel Imaging

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Epic sunset this evening. I have to cross a very large toll bridge on the way home. Pulled into the emergency lane and crossed 4 lanes of traffic / wall to hurridly get a couple of captures.

Handheld 1/15 @ f7.1 ISO 400 Nik 24-70 on D300s

Mirrored sky by Simon Rivers Photography, on Flickr

So happy with the purchase of this lens. Money well spent.

Last edited:
Wow! I read the title "epic sun set" and was expecting to see just another sun set...but that is pretty epic. This photo makes me wish I was there!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!

Thank you kindly. ;)

Yeah, its pretty easy to avoid "sunset" threads. Im guilty myself.

Ps I realize "epic sun set" isn't the title. It was just the first thing I read under the title... just saying!!! Sometimes these forums are brutal....I really do know how to read lol!!!!! And I really do like this photo so you are VERY welcome ;-)

This is breathtaking! Wish I was there to see it in person. What all did you do in PP?

^^ Curves and color adjustments. Added a bit of clarity. And ran it through Nik Define.

I was really happy that I didnt need to crop the image. Got lucky with a really level horizon. Its times like this I wish I had the 14mm though. There was a lot more sky to see. But with nighttime traffic whizzing by at 70mph Im happy with what I got.

Thanks for the comments.

Very nice and VERY worth the while looking at "yet another sunset photo" !!! And given the circumstances under which you took this one...! Even more "wow". But no wonder you felt like pulling all the way over for the photo!!!

Thank you both.

What I wouldnt have done to set up my tripod and get a nice pano with the bridge in it. Its just too exposed. People tend to swerve at things they see. And the bridge is 200 ft. up so bailing over the side is not an option!

I get this view every day at sunset on the way home. Ive been telling myself for a long time I should stop and capture one. Just finally broke down and did it.

Most reactions

Back