Slant or striaght?

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I prefer the first image because it is slanted, and I like the composition.

1 $_MG_0994.jpg

2 $_MG_0994_2.jpg

What do you think?

straight .. the tilted building is just too weird for me. But then the dutch tilt thing I just don't get most of the time.

I tried slant for a while.
wound up just going back to straight.
either way works, really.

Tilting an image suggests imbalance, and causes visual tension. Is that something that works well in an image of a fashion model?

Tecboy, and FITBMX, what does the tilt add to this image? How does it make it better? What does it add to the story?

Tilting an image suggests imbalance, and causes visual tension. Is that something that works well in an image of a fashion model?

Tecboy, and FITBMX, what does the tilt add to this image? How does it make it better? What does it add to the story?

I think because the cell phone. You can almost see the whole cell phone, and it gives the whole image looks better in composition.

If that's the important subject, it would work much better with the cell phone and hand in focus, and the model OOF.

I prefer the tilt.

It's a model in a flowing dress. I feel like the 90 degree angles of the straight shot are too harsh and contrast weirdly with that.

Also, the blurred phone in the foreground suggests that the photo is being taken from within a crowd. It's tough to get a perfectly straight photo when you're surrounded by other people. Having it straight feels sort of fake and too set-up. Tilted feels more candid.

My thoughts, anyway :3

So say we all.

story? yea, sure.

it adds to the story of a beautiful maiden, who one day, decided to walk across the dreaded runway of doom.
The young girl gathered her courage, and bravely strode across the wooden planks, determined to make it across to the other side to freedom
from the evil paparazzi who had imprisoned her in the evil dressing room of carnage.
Little did she know, that the evil paparazzi had discovered her plan, and laid a trap along the runway, and it swarmed with their ranks, armed with the most vile of weapons....the dreaded Canon's of markIII's.
Unwavering in the face of such terrible odds, the maiden strode proud and confident upon the runway of doom, and started to make her way to the safety of the shores beyond, in the peaceful and civilized land of Nikonia.
However, just as the fair maiden thought her perilous journey neared its end, the evil paparazzi sprung their most dangerous trap of all....Suddenly, the runway of doom
tilted and shifted, making it impossible for her to stay upright and level with the horizon...

what will our fair maiden do?
will she escape the paparazzi with their evil and vile Canon's?
will she ever make it to the peaceful lands of Nikonia?

Stay tuned to tecboys posts to find out!
next time, on TPF theater!

Most reactions

Back