Slash prices to build network?

@jeffW my comment wasn't in favor of cutting prices, rather an example of how cheap competition can go in a market segment. My comment probably didnt come off that way. Having seen the OP's work posted there is no doubt he can offer more quality, but in photography as in any business you have to be very discriminating in defining your market (something hammered on by all). A Mom & Pop store who needs a headshot for a business card might balk at $50 while a fortune 500 company who needed a set of headshots for the CEO wouldn't blink at $500. A Mom & Pop store might need a headshot once in a blue moon while a fortune 500 company with thousands of employes might need them every week.

I haven't given up completely on this idea, but I've been inspired to work on other aspects of my business before going this route. I'm open to any and all suggestions as far as getting clients goes.

Last night I updated my home page with better pictures, rearranged some header/footer things, and added a sign up form for a wedding planning guide I made.

Last edited:
I think you should just give free photos in return for name recognition.

LOL

I think you should just give free photos in return for name recognition.

LOL

I've actually been sending out emails today offering just that! I'm targeting local wedding blogs and vendors in the hopes of building my name up, and maybe getting some back links.

I'm willing to humble myself and do what I have to do to be successful.

Last edited:
You may already be doing this but are you networking with other businesses? We have some friends who own a wedding venue, they have flower shops, photographers, caterers, etc that they will pass out cards for when people contact them. The other businesses do the same for them.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back