Slave Flash

atseeyob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello Friends,
I need to use at least 2 slave flashes for a Studio type pictures I am about to take. Budget is tight. I would like to get some advice as to which flashes can I get for less than $75.00 each still produces decent power. I use Canon 30D and my main (Master) flash is Speedlight 580EX II.

Hello Friends,
I need to use at least 2 slave flashes for a Studio type pictures I am about to take. Budget is tight. I would like to get some advice as to which flashes can I get for less than $75.00 each still produces decent power. I use Canon 30D and my main (Master) flash is Speedlight 580EX II.

The problem is, to use Canon's proprietary system, you're going to need a Canon flash and they're probably going to run about $200 each. You could always get something like a Sunpak 383 for $80 and pick up some optical slaves for cheap.

Yup, just remember that when in E-TTL mode, a Canon flash will emit a pre-flash that may trigger optical slaves prematurely. To work around this, you could get optical triggers that can be set to ignore pre-flash, or you could use the Canon unit in manual mode.

Most reactions

Back