Sleeping field

TimLindstedt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Sleeping field by Tim Lindstedt, on Flickr

The snow are slowly disappearing, I found this texture in the field a little interesting. It was a very cloudy day so I tried a lot of HDR, you will be seeing more of that from me, just got the hang of it. :)

C&C please!

It looks a lot better on black screen. I think I am going to have a continuing "tick," with your work until you learn to straighten out your horizons. A lovely shot, but the tilt on the horizon makes my head go all askew and at that point, the shot is pretty much lost to me. Others may feel differently.

HDR can be fun but watch getting all crazy with over tone mapping an image. All the really good HDR I've ever seen is only slightly, if at all tone mapped.

I like the lead-in lines the that the areas of clear ground make, it takes my eye to the right hand end of the treeline and then across to the left, along the treeline.
Very nicely composed.

Sometimes HDR can result in a loss of contrast, it helps me if I give the contrast a little "boost" after applying HDR/tonemapping.

Good title :)

Thanks for your comments both of you! :) The horizon is acually straight, the thing is that all the trees was on hills wich leaned in different directions. If one was straight the other was crooked. So I set the camera straight with my level. I thought that looked best. I noticed the lack of contrast afterwards, I will definitely think about boosting the contrast next time! Thanks again! :)

I saw this one on your Flickr when I was looking at your other post. I like it. The foreground is full of texture.

I find this time of year (while the snow is still melting and nothing is growing yet) a challenging time to find interesting scenes to shoot but you have done a good job of it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back