What's new

Sleepless in Seattle

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
1,472
Reaction score
855
Location
Mountain View, California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had the opportunity (well, it cost $12 so not much of an opportunity) to watch the sun set over Seattle this past weekend from the observation deck of the Columbia Tower (73rd floor). The sunset produced a huge amount of glare on the windows, so I sat back and waited for blue hour when the city lights would turn on. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. It isn't anything great, but it does accurately depict what I saw. I just wish the sky was more interesting.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll find my way to the top of another skyscraper soon.

Hope you enjoy it none the less :)

1.

Sleepless in Seattle by TogaLive, on Flickr
 
Lucky! I really enjoyed the city. I'll try to move up there sometime in the future, albeit more rural. The Ferris Wheel is a bit distorted, some combination of the glass and the 17-40 being sandwiched up against it.
 
Nice shot! I've always wanted to visit Seattle and the Pacific Northwest.
 
Looks like you made the best of the situation. Good work finding something to shoot outside of what you had envisioned.

Did you have a longer lens with you as well?

I think a shot from up there cropped tighter on the space needle might have made an interesting composition.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom