Sons of Seattle

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
EDIT: Oh goodness, first edit was horrible. New edit below :) (Edited after first two comments)

I had the fortunate opportunity to visit Seattle this past weekend. It was my first time in Washington, and the weather was especially good. Sunny and in the 70's for the entire weekend. I was getting a feel for the city, checking out the job market, and seeing if I'd like to move near there someday.

Walking down the busy streets, towards the Space Needle, I noticed these two young gentlemen sitting against a concrete wall, with matching outfits. Finding their parents nearby, I got permission to take their portrait.

The two proved totally comfortable with the camera as I spoke with them, asking if it was ok to take their photo. They nodded, and I snapped off a couple frames before letting the parents know where they could find the photo.

I really enjoy portraiture, but I especially enjoy it when the shots happen so organically. I only wish I'd been able to leave out more of that window, oh well. This one still made it as Week 23 of my 52 Weeks project.

Sons of Seattle by TogaLive, on Flickr

Last edited:
It's nicely composed and is a cute shot, but I personally think it's a little under exposed; on my monitor I see clipping in the darker areas of the shot. I also feel that the vignette doesn't suit the photo and is reducing the overall visual quality of the shot.

I agree with Dan. It's a nice shot but try reprocessing and see what you come up with. :D

Reprocessed, I don't know what was up with that first go. Shows what I get for trying to edit photos on a Southwest flight. Thanks for the honesty guys!

Also, I can't spot any banding, but it might be my monitor?

MUCH better! (I don't see any banding, either). :D

Reprocessed, I don't know what was up with that first go. Shows what I get for trying to edit photos on a Southwest flight. Thanks for the honesty guys!

Also, I can't spot any banding, but it might be my monitor?
What I pointed out was clipping in the shadows, not banding. Clipping refers to a loss in detail.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back