Sleepy Creek Lake - Kayak Photo Op.

Flying Panda

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
jt-strachan.pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I spent the greater part of the day yesterday paddling around Sleepy Creek Lake, WV. Although it was very windy, I still came away with some keepers. Also, this was my first excursion out using a 1.4x teleconverter on my zoom lens.

500_9765 (LRGCR)-F1500x844.jpg

500_9881 (LR2GCR)-F1500x844.jpg

500_9743 (LRGCR)-F1500x844.jpg

500_9924 (LRGCR)-F1500x844.jpg

JT

Awesome pictures. Great shooting

My favorite is #2. I like the way the sun illuminates the top side of the eagle's(?) left wing.

Hello Flying Panda,
Sleepy Creek Lake, I've gone there to fish a couple of times, is the road still as bad as it was a couple of years ago? I can't help thinking that if they ever paved that seven miles of tank trap that you have to go through to get there it would be a great place to frequent. I remember one guy reviewed it by saying he came across potholes larger that he had ever seen, but it worked out okay since he caught two citation bass in one of them. By the way magnificent photo of the Bald Eagle.

Hey Ron, Yea, the road is still in bad shape. I think it is hard for them to keep it in good shape. Someone has been doing some logging along the road. The state calls it timber management, or something like that. The heavy trucks are really bad on a dirt & gravel road. I remember about five years ago I stayed there overnight at one of their camping spots with a couple of my dogs. The road then was the worst I've ever seen it. Also, the camping spot I normally stayed was trashed with a stolen car that had been taken apart and thrown about within a fifty yard radus, literately. The place is going downhill quick. Fortunately, the lake hasn't yet been polluted. Thanks for the kind comment!

Hello FP, That's a shame about the lake and it's condition. I do remember though going there once and came across a carload of guys all armed to the teeth and I thought "must be going hunting" but then I realized it wasn't hunting season of any kind and put my Subaru into gear and got the heck out of there. I am a target shooter myself and these guys didn't look like any of the kind of people I shoot with. I think that was the last time I went out there. But then I guess you have to expect things like that when it sits in the "Shanghi Valley." Again, great photos!
Ron

Most reactions

Back