slide vs. negative

On Saturday I'm going to Athen for 3 weeks and will have the chance to see the olympic games. I wanna take loads of pictures in the best possible quality, so I thought using slides would be a good idea.

On the other hand I'm just a beginner when it comes to photography. I was reading loads of stuff on the internet and in books during the last weeks and I would say I have a good understanding of all the exposure settings. What I'm lacking is practice, so I'm kinda afraid that using slides might ruin most of my shots.

Should I jump into the cold waater and risk or or rather play it safe and use print film?

If it is important, play it safe. Experiment/practice with subjects that aren't important until you have it figured out. Print film will get you wonderful photographs.

I'd say to use both. You are comfortable with your print film but there's no harm in trying to use the slide film also. Just take lots of pictures and show them to us when you get back.

I'm with Matt. If the pictures are gonna be important, stick with what you're comfortable with. Practice with a few rolls of slide film before you try shooting any "keepers" with it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back