Slow Shutter

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not the best slow shutter shots on birds but not bad for a first try. I found it very challenging so I'll practice/experiment with settings some more when the urge hits me.

This pelican wasn't flapping it's wings much but I like the bg streaking. Don't bother telling me about the whites being blown.
f/20, 1/40 sec, ISO 100, 226 mm, h.h.
11142165-studio.jpg

Significantly more blur on the wings with this one. It probably took well over 50 shots just to get one this good.
f/20, 1/60 sec, ISO 100, 150 mm, h.h.
11142293-studio.jpg

Last edited:
Not the best slow shutter shots on birds but not bad for a first try. I found it very challenging so I'll practice/experiment with settings some more when the urge hits me.

This pelican wasn't flapping it's wings much but I like the bg streaking.
f/20, 1/40 sec, ISO 100, 226 mm, h.h.
View attachment 253121

Significantly more blur on the wings with this one. It probably took well over 50 shots just to get one this good.
f/20, 1/60 sec, ISO 100, 150 mm, h.h.
View attachment 253122
Good job of tracking it.

#1 is not too bad, given the lighting doesn't look optimal. #2 the eyes look in focus, which is a plus, but the wing gets in the way. I know this is a very challenging exercise, but you are off to a good start.

If I had a pelican I'd challenge you to a slow shutter shoot-out.:stung:

I appreciate the learning process and look forward to following your progress.

Thanks for sharing! It helps us all (especially me) get better :)

#1 is not too bad, given the lighting doesn't look optimal. #2 the eyes look in focus, which is a plus, but the wing gets in the way. I know this is a very challenging exercise, but you are off to a good start.
Thanks, Jeff. I appreciate the feedback.

If I had a pelican I'd challenge you to a slow shutter shoot-out.:stung:

I appreciate the learning process and look forward to following your progress.
Thanks, Pete. Come on down anytime, Quick Draw, we'll find you one, no problem. :wink-6:

Thanks for sharing! It helps us all (especially me) get better :)
Thanks, Mitch. It was easy enough to find out what settings work, it's the panning with such low shutter speeds that's makes it hard to get a sharp focus on the head/body. Then again, my camera/lens doesn't exactly do real well focusing on bif, especially without auto eye detection. That would help greatly with this endeavor.

Most reactions

Back