What's new

Slowly stepping away from perfection

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,812
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tiny bits of this farmhouse are falling into disrepair, but not too much.
Seen off the boat with which we cruised the waters around Berlin in our holidays in August (yes, I am still only working on THOSE photos :roll: )

dorfscheunebrandenburg.jpg


You like my PP?
 
I really like this photo but the white line on the border causes my eyes to be drawn to the edge more than the middle. Depending on what you want people to look at should efffect your borders.
 
This's got potential... Still, I find it slightly too cluttered and it's a bit difficult to distinguish the wall and everything right in front of it. Could be just my taste, though ;)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
Well, I can always change the borders, of course. This one's my "standard" ... I could also just leave it away.
And I could further crop into the pic but would not want to lose the drooping rain pipe and the little diamond shape opening in which the stones are falling down ... but I could not get any closer in reality since we were on that boat and the house was on the banks and I took the pic while the boat was moving.

Is the lighting in this post processing version too strong and too hard on the eyes?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
No. I think it is still in use. It is part of a village on some arm of the River Havel in Brandenburg (or one of the lakes formed by the river in that area), and all that area used to be East Germany before the reunification.
 
I like it, but I find myself wondering what it would be like in color? That might relieve the "clutter" Artoo mentioned?

p.s., thanks for the heads-up on the 2008 North Germany meet. I love to plan far in advance ;)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #9
OK, so here is the little series of pics I took while our boat went past that village situated on the banks of that lake/river, of which the middle one is the original version of my photo above. Might give you a bit of a context and the idea of where the above photo comes from:

1835.jpg


1836.jpg


1838.jpg


I begin to think that my PP is a bit hard in contrasts with the "Soft Light" layer mask that I used after making it b+w and tinting it to sepia colours. I used the layer mask at 100% (still only playing with layers in PS, but not really KNOWING what I am doing) ... and then I added my standard frame ... Tell me if I overdid it?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom