SLR and Laptop backpack

How about a computer backpack with some padded inserts?

My most used camera bag is a messenger bag purchased from a clothing store with Domke padded inserts. A whole lot cheaper than those crumplers.

Uhm, ok, might be some truth in that .... but then again lowepro is expensive as well over here in Germany.

I don't use either... I spend my money on lenses ;)

really?....lowepro is relatively cheap here in north america...especially on ebay....i bought mine on ebay....even after shipping it is still cheaper than retail....and sometimes they go on sale...even cheaper when they go on sale....like 40-50% off

How about a computer backpack with some padded inserts?

My most used camera bag is a messenger bag purchased from a clothing store with Domke padded inserts. A whole lot cheaper than those crumplers.

yes....if someone has the time and skill to do the modification.....it can be done at a lot cheaper price....and you have more selection in terms of style.....i always like to get a camera backpack that looks like a backpack from ROOTS...haha

Have you considered getting an Incase sleeve for your Mac? My sister has one for hers and it allows her to just put her mac in any kind of bag big enough to hold it. This way you don't have to get a backback specialized for a computer and will broaden your options some.

BTW, aren't macs glorious?? I love mine!

I have an InCase sleeve and I love it. I would like to put everything in one bag.

I have an InCase sleeve and I love it. I would like to put everything in one bag.

for a 12" laptop....you might be able to fit it into a smaller configuration

i personally use a lowepro oriion trekker II....small format.....the bottom compartment can fit my D80 with the 18-200mm lense attached + a nikon SB600, battery charger, USB cable, video cable, extra batteries for camera and flash, lense cleaning kit, another 50mm lense.....just plenty of room in the bottom compartment...and then top compartment i use for my NDSL (nintendo dual screen lite) when i feel like playing video game...but you should be able to fit your 12" inside.......

if you are looking for something larger.....lowepro also offer a larger configuration.....Computrekker AW....price is double

When I was shopping for a backpack, I had a look at the Orion Trekker and similar style bags with the camera gear on the bottom. I like the layout and concept of those bags.

However, when I went into the store...I found that the camera compartment was smaller than I had thought it would be. There was no way I would fit all the gear I needed, into that area. That's one reason I went for the Computrekker. Also of note...the Computrekker (with laptop area) was $20 cheaper than the same sized bag without the laptop area. I asked the salesman why it was cheaper and he didn't know...but he had already bought one for himself.

The moral of the story is that you should physically get your hands on the bag before you buy it. They can be hard to judge when just looking at photos.

When I was shopping for a backpack, I had a look at the Orion Trekker and similar style bags with the camera gear on the bottom. I like the layout and concept of those bags.

However, when I went into the store...I found that the camera compartment was smaller than I had thought it would be. There was no way I would fit all the gear I needed, into that area. That's one reason I went for the Computrekker. Also of note...the Computrekker (with laptop area) was $20 cheaper than the same sized bag without the laptop area. I asked the salesman why it was cheaper and he didn't know...but he had already bought one for himself.

The moral of the story is that you should physically get your hands on the bag before you buy it. They can be hard to judge when just looking at photos.

agree.....better to go to a local store for fitting before making any purchase........you might find one look better than the other......or like the fitting of one more than the other......it all come down preference and need.....and everyone has different preference and need.....

btw....i like macbooks.....but too bad i dont know how to use MAC OS....stuck with windows OS.....:(

Most reactions

Back