Small Falls Redux

Yeah, I think some of the HDR plugins go to something 1,000,000,000,000 or a bit more.

Oooo I will have to look it up!

BEAUTIFUL tonality and color, runnah. I love the natural look. Not that God-awful juiced, jazzed-up, on-steroids-fake green color that so many internet era landscapers one-click their way into in Lightroom using "landscape" presets that revv up that clownishly over-saturated green to nuclear levels.

Tell me how you really feel.
:lol:

This is a very pretty location and I think you handled it much better than the last waterfall thread. This would make a great location to photograph during late October/early november.

Diffused light makes a big difference:

I went back on a cloudy day and I think the results are 100x better.

FAB_8392 by runnah555, on Flickr

I'd probably take this one in quite a bit. The rock in the bottom left carries a bit too much weight. The most interesting thing, to me, is the water, and I like this perspective. So I want to see it a bit closer.

Maybe @ 8x10 ratio taking about an inch from the left. I held my hand of the screen and liked that.

I like the perspective here. Maybe a very slight bump in contrast/vibrance.

This one feels a little crunchy. The light looks more directional and it looks to be the most contrasty of the bunch.

I like the tall composition here. Looks like you had a cool swirl going on in the foreground. With a longer shutter you may have got something like this:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8189/8120930780_2f18db48d2.jpg

I'd crop from the left and top here again, probably keeping the same aspect ratio. That tiny little fall in the upper left isn't important enough to justify the extra grouping of sticks and background that pull the eye away.

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I will edit these accordingly.

The good news is that I will be heading back there in October so the foliage should be good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back