Smart Car crosses the pond.

heheh better don't laught of smart cars... I often see lots of them on German "autobahn' speeding more than 160 km per hour... smart is cute...
last year I saw one in Berlin - it was green and had daisys painted all over :D

Modern electronics can certainly help by indicating gas useage. But you can do lots by simply internalizing a few guidelines. Keep within the speed limits. Accelerate slowly. And always be aware that whenever you use your brakes, you're shedding speed that you paid money to achieve. Think ahead.

well just be greatful we never sent you this...

robin-1.jpg

...or did we?

yes, but you can't beat it for all round economy!

:confused: :confused: Hmm... I cannot, in good conscience, condemn a car without driving it and feeling what's like. It's a special purpose car, it's made to save money on gas. Aestethics are not that important. Sure, there is the Mini, cute as a bug. How many of you have driven one? Did you like it? I have driven one and was not impressed. I would love to test drive a Smart car and I might just do that soon. But I will not condemn a car based on its size or looks. Soime of you people are too fast to judge...
:spank: :whip:

OK, I'll shut up now...

A girl I know owns a smartcar, and every time I see her driving it, I can't help but envision an rear-ender in which the front and back bumpers meet. *cringe*

Oh, by the way... regarding the size of a car, let's assume there is a similar collision between a Mini (at 35mph) and a stationary object and a Ford 150 truck (at 35mph) and the same stationary object. Who do you think wins the test?

The Mini! It's built in such a way that it protects the passengers better than the Ford 150. I have personally seen the pictures of the test, there was a time when I considered buying a Mini. It wasn't the size that deterred me from buying it though.

Are there any statistics on the Smart Car from Europe on colissions and how safe they are? Anyone know?

Well, roughly, what they say in that video is that in a collision between a Smart Car and this type of Mercedes car, the mass relationship is approximately 1:2, which corresponds with a collision impact of about 70 km/h, which is a VERY hard and severe blow to both cars.
The Smart car only fell to its side AFTER the dangerous collision, which may make helping the persons a bit more difficult than if it had not fallen over.

But (that is my remark now) the passenger cell stays surprisingly intact, which the whole (tiny) front of the car gets smashed into smithereens, really.

And yet, a Smart Car would not be for me...
But even less would have been that "Robin" one for me and I am glad you never even tried to ship it across the Channel way back then, John ;) ;) ;).

hehe.

thanks for the translation LaFoto

Most reactions

New Topics

Back