Smith Rock

Very nice.

The heavy processing has really messed with those reds on the left and it’s really distracting from the rest of the image. There is also some banding in the sky from the heavy processing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The heavy processing has really messed with those reds on the left and it’s really distracting from the rest of the image. There is also some banding in the sky from the heavy processing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the constructive criticism. I agree with your assessment and will keep it in mind as I rework the image.

I'll never forget Smith Rock State Park. I was bitten by a rattlesnake there. Talk about sick as a dog! I like the image but agree with those who think it is over edited.

Lets see the original unedited image.

IMG_1827 raw.jpg

This is the RAW version as it came out of the camera, converted to jpg.

I'll never forget Smith Rock State Park. I was bitten by a rattlesnake there. Talk about sick as a dog! I like the image but agree with those who think it is over edited.

Yes it's a good place for snakes but definitely one of the most beautiful places I've been. And yes I tend to be heavy handed with the Photoshop, but I am getting better, slowly. Thanks in part to the group here. :)

OH WOW. That original image really shows how much the one you first posted was over processed.

Yes it's a good place for snakes but definitely one of the most beautiful places I've been. And yes I tend to be heavy handed with the Photoshop, but I am getting better, slowly. Thanks in part to the group here. :)

I had a group of friends with whom I rode motorcycles from Portland to Smith Rock every year. We had a barbecue and just a tiny bit of beer.

..yes I tend to be heavy handed with the Photoshop, but I am getting better, slowly.

OH WOW. That original image really shows how much the one you first posted was over processed.
I very much prefer the edited version. You have done wonders to the place.

IMG_1827 raw.jpg
Your edit may work as a surreal image. Here is my edited version. I am not a landscape photographer and my LR skills aren't that great so I am sure a lot of these guys can do mush better. Your sky was completely blown out.

Even with a little extra red the edited one is pretty dramatic I like it, But the original stands on its own.

I very much prefer the edited version. You have done wonders to the place.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back