Smoke on the water. C&C

Bram

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Bergen op Zoom, Noord Brabant, Netherlands
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry no awesome looking lake with a layer of fog on it. :meh:

So last week sometime I thougth hey I got nothing to do, let's go stand over my sink for a couple hours and take over a thousand photos of water droplets. Yeah I know I have way to much time on my hands some days. Anywhoo I was taking a closer look on the computer at the drops and for some odd reason it looks like there is smoke going through and around my droplets. Now I was thinking it could be the shutter speed, not too sure though. I think on some if them it looks kind of really cool though.
Here are some examples.
C&C alwats welcome.

On this first one as you can see inside the droplet there's a kind of smoke.
5145308119_6f195e06e0_z.jpg

On this one there's smoke coming off the top.
5145308441_ecd2a9895c_z.jpg

Around the crown on this one on the right, and a little on the left. I was using the knife to focus. (FYI)
5145304229_746b1bf98c_z.jpg

The rest for pure C&C.
5145904052_e48c2cb71a_z.jpg

5145302803_746438b4ac_z.jpg

I know the limit is 5 but I wanted to know what you thought of the last one.

5145903574_d2f2ed82e7_z.jpg

It's missing smoke.

^ Lol.agree

#4. best out of the lot.

What exactly were you looking for in C&C? This is a hit and miss trial here, search water droplets, and you will get all the information you will ever need:D

You have the speed on the splash great, just need a little more interesting experiment. Use food coloring, oils, milk etc.its fun!

I used food coloring and flash and a different looking backdrop. I am looking for thoughts on it, along with any idea as to why there is faint hints of smoke around them.

Try using incense. It make some great swirls.

it's not smoke you are seeing, but vapor?

i know i've tried the insense thing but failed, so do you mean insense with water or just smoke photos?
Hmm weird how it captures that. (IMO)

The Process - Liquid Sculpture

I have followed this fellow for a while.very sweet stuff.

You can set the incense in the Bg , get the sticks though, they swirl best. Cheap stuff. ALot of this is done in Edit as well.so you can merge two photos.

No problem, he is a unique guy.

I like the last one best, it's funny because i was just going to post about how to shoot these sort of shots for the beginner
1076480267_CGeor-L.jpg

I am just having a hard time gettign the entire droplet in focus for the rest I think i'm okay like for setup and stuff i'm good it's just the whole drop in focus.

i know i've tried the insense thing but failed, so do you mean insense with water or just smoke photos?
Hmm weird how it captures that. (IMO)
If you want smoke to lay on the water, you have to chill it first.
Easy to do, though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back