Double H

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Around the corner from the Turkey Hill, PA
Website
doublehmedia.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I did a quick search but came up with nothing.

My query is concerning accepted file formats at places like CVS, Walgreens, etc.. Do they accept TIFF? I provide all of my customers with hi-res jpeg and hi-res tiff image files. I let them know that tiff is the much higher quality file. Am I sending these folks on a wild goose chase? I want to say Snapfish accepts tiff, but can't be sure. I need to be positive I can give a customer a disc with a variety of file formats, and they will get the best print possible. (I do print-output, but it's very expensive for most of my customers, so CVS and the like are much more affordable for them)

Thanks in advance for the info.

If a customer is going to use one of the small print kiosks at a Walgreens or CVS, those machines only accept RGB, 8bit Jpgs. (I know from personal experience). As for online places, I have no idea.

If a customer is going to use one of the small print kiosks at a Walgreens or CVS, those machines only accept RGB, 8bit Jpgs. (I know from personal experience). As for online places, I have no idea.

I did not know that. Thanks. I have never used photo labs other than a service bureau for proofing. If they go to the counter and hand them a disc, will the lab technician be able to use tiff?

I did not know that. Thanks. I have never used photo labs other than a service bureau for proofing. If they go to the counter and hand them a disc, will the lab technician be able to use tiff?

From what I have seen, the lab tech will just take it to one of the kiosk machines and get them started. Also be aware that the lab tech, upon seeing quality photos and not crappy snapshots, will hassle them for a copyright release. I've been hassled with my own photos, and was forced to sign a release of liability to Walgreens :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back