Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. $DSC_0775.JPG
f/3.5 1/60 ISO 100 18mm

2. $DSC_0781.JPG
f/5.6 1/60 ISO 100 55mm

3. $DSC_0783.JPG
f/6.3 1/60 ISO 100

Looking at them, here, they definitely needed more light. :( I was hoping that by using 1/60 SS that I would be able to get some of the snow that was still falling. Guess that was a fail. But how do they look otherwise?

With that much white in the frame the camera meter is going to turn that white snow to middle grey b/c that's what camera meters do.

Next time just dial in +EV compensation. That way the snow will look white.

Awesome! I was wondering what I could do to fix that! Thank you! I'm actually about to go open a window and take some shots to experiment. Unfortunately, I have four kids running around my house so spending time outside really isn't an option.

This is what happened when I tried bumping up the exposure. And I couldn't get it to expose right. Ugh.

I was able to get this one, but it seems to be too blue.

$DSC_0130.JPG

f/ 3.5 1/125 ISO 100

This is what happened when I tried bumping up the exposure. And I couldn't get it to expose right. Ugh.

I was able to get this one, but it seems to be too blue.

View attachment 26800

f/ 3.5 1/125 ISO 100

Well the snow looks white so you accomplished that goal. Try messing with the WB to get the color you want.

good advice i will have to try that when we get snow out this way

Play with the white balance in the first one to see if you can get the snow white. I really like it other than that. The last one is good to.

Thanks everyone! And I'm definitely going to play with it in PSE - at least what I can at least, because I suck at PSE. :p

Thanks everyone! And I'm definitely going to play with it in PSE - at least what I can at least, because I suck at PSE. :p

So do I but watching tons of youtube videos, I am improving. Have you considered lightroom 4? I used the trial and love that I can do so much of my editing there and not have to use PSE.

So do I but watching tons of youtube videos, I am improving. Have you considered lightroom 4? I used the trial and love that I can do so much of my editing there and not have to use PSE.

That's my plan. I just want to make sure I have this exposure stuff down. I just recently have been able to put together the triangle in manual mode and want to make sure that I understand that before really playing around with editing programs. I will definitely be checking out youtube videos today when the kiddlets go down for a nap!

i liked the first image very much; i just brightened it up a bit in PS

Regards :D

Thank you! And yes, it looks much better brightened up! I guess I should really get on those Youtube videos and try some simple editing stuff so I can fix the photos I do have rather than just junking them. :p

Thank you everyone who commented. I've been given a little boost as well as some great advice! After nap time and the grocery store, I'll be pulling my camera out again today.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back