What's new

Snow Day! C&C is always appreciated!

JackandSally

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 24, 2012
Messages
187
Reaction score
35
Location
Poconos
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. $DSC_0775.webp
f/3.5 1/60 ISO 100 18mm


2. $DSC_0781.webp
f/5.6 1/60 ISO 100 55mm


3. $DSC_0783.webp
f/6.3 1/60 ISO 100




Looking at them, here, they definitely needed more light. :( I was hoping that by using 1/60 SS that I would be able to get some of the snow that was still falling. Guess that was a fail. But how do they look otherwise?
 
With that much white in the frame the camera meter is going to turn that white snow to middle grey b/c that's what camera meters do.

Next time just dial in +EV compensation. That way the snow will look white.
 
Awesome! I was wondering what I could do to fix that! Thank you! I'm actually about to go open a window and take some shots to experiment. Unfortunately, I have four kids running around my house so spending time outside really isn't an option.
 
This is what happened when I tried bumping up the exposure. And I couldn't get it to expose right. Ugh.

I was able to get this one, but it seems to be too blue.

$DSC_0130.webp

f/ 3.5 1/125 ISO 100
 
This is what happened when I tried bumping up the exposure. And I couldn't get it to expose right. Ugh.

I was able to get this one, but it seems to be too blue.

View attachment 26800

f/ 3.5 1/125 ISO 100

Well the snow looks white so you accomplished that goal. Try messing with the WB to get the color you want.
 
Snow can have a blue cast in it due to the sky ..... leave it as it is ...I like it.
 
good advice i will have to try that when we get snow out this way
 
Play with the white balance in the first one to see if you can get the snow white. I really like it other than that. The last one is good to.
 
Thanks everyone! And I'm definitely going to play with it in PSE - at least what I can at least, because I suck at PSE. :P
 
Thanks everyone! And I'm definitely going to play with it in PSE - at least what I can at least, because I suck at PSE. :P

So do I but watching tons of youtube videos, I am improving. Have you considered lightroom 4? I used the trial and love that I can do so much of my editing there and not have to use PSE.
 
i liked the first image very much; i just brightened it up a bit in PS




Regards :D
 
Thanks everyone! And I'm definitely going to play with it in PSE - at least what I can at least, because I suck at PSE. :P

So do I but watching tons of youtube videos, I am improving. Have you considered lightroom 4? I used the trial and love that I can do so much of my editing there and not have to use PSE.

That's my plan. I just want to make sure I have this exposure stuff down. I just recently have been able to put together the triangle in manual mode and want to make sure that I understand that before really playing around with editing programs. I will definitely be checking out youtube videos today when the kiddlets go down for a nap!
 
i liked the first image very much; i just brightened it up a bit in PS




Regards :D

Thank you! And yes, it looks much better brightened up! I guess I should really get on those Youtube videos and try some simple editing stuff so I can fix the photos I do have rather than just junking them. :P



Thank you everyone who commented. I've been given a little boost as well as some great advice! After nap time and the grocery store, I'll be pulling my camera out again today.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom