Snow in London, England!

pm63

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got two days off college because a mere six inches of snow is enough to paralyse London ;) Allowed me to get some shots, I'll add more as I process.

Click to enlarge.

I love the second one. The opening to the single tree in view is beautiful.

Paralysing as it might be: it looks BEAUTIFUL! In both. Mostly so in the second, though.
And while Paris and London and lots of areas inside Germany, too, get "paralysed" by the amounts of snow they have (had?), we live in a "snow-free zone", apparently, for snow simply REFUSES to fall where we are!

very nice captures, i wish it snowed like that here in Texas lol.

I love the second one. The opening to the single tree in view is beautiful.

Thanks. I've always found that location so photogenic. I'm planning to shoot it in the four seasons, so I've got my winter image. I think it's a shame that I didn't come back the next day for a better, non-overcast sky but maybe the whiteness in it emphasises the scene?

Paralysing as it might be: it looks BEAUTIFUL! In both. Mostly so in the second, though.
And while Paris and London and lots of areas inside Germany, too, get "paralysed" by the amounts of snow they have (had?), we live in a "snow-free zone", apparently, for snow simply REFUSES to fall where we are!

Thanks - it's a shame to get no snow, we're lucky to FINALLY have some in London. Normally it's just rain.

very nice captures, i wish it snowed like that here in Texas lol.

Thank you.

Beautiful shots! I love the second one, the contrast between the trees and the snow is beautiful!

Number 2 is my favorite. All that snow covering everything and untouched is great.

Thanks. Actually if you could see the image at 100% you would see my bootprints on the path, as I came down from the tree. ;)

Beautiful shots! I love the second one, the contrast between the trees and the snow is beautiful!

Thank you.

One more:

I especially like the first two shots...how beautiful! The low angle of the sun in the first creates great shadows that add lots of texture to the ground, and I love that there's a dog, strolling couple, and a snowman in the shot. The second one is lovely too, with the snowcovered trees, the path leading one's eye through the shot, and branches in the foreground filling out the two upper corners of the shot.

Most reactions

Back