snow play

hawkeye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We dont often get significant snow where I am, so yesterday was pretty exciting. It wasnt just flurries.. it was REALLY coming down. Anyways, I took these at the 200mm range because you know how most young ones wont let you take good pictures of them. But I knew I could capture a few genuine smiles because of the snow

22332-DSC_0126-37.jpg

22332-DSC_0128-39.jpg

22332-DSC_0132-42.jpg

22332-DSC_0134-44.jpg

22332-DSC_0117-28.jpg

22332-DSC_0116-27.jpg

(the dog didnt know what to make of the snow... she had never seen it before. At first she wouldnt leave the garage. She just sat there right on the edge looking up at the sky. It was hilarious) lol

Fun!

I really like the first picture of your dog, the composition and the snow on his head. My three dogs love the snow. The first big snow of the year they all get really excited and want to stay out all day. After a couple snows though they are over it and so am I!

Thanks

The poor dog was so confused. She didnt know what was going on.

The snow was coming down pretty thick and heavy (although it doesnt really show in the pictures because of DOF), at 200mm it was playing heck on my AF. I had quite a few pictures that I had to scrap. I was going to MF, but he wouldnt stay still enough...

I'm digging #4 the most, from that angle he looks like he's off in his own world. Good detail on the hair & the side of his face - I have yet to figure out how to do that with snow in the background.

Speaking of which - you have more snow than I do in my town in Canada. Can't imagine my dog being weirded out by snow, she loves to sit in it for hours. Too funny!

great shots!! :thumbup:

Thanks

I guess they are kind of snappy, but I dont usually take many people shots. I'm more in to architectural and wildlife. They are not much, but do really like the great big smiles

I'm digging #4 the most, from that angle he looks like he's off in his own world. Good detail on the hair & the side of his face - I have yet to figure out how to do that with snow in the background.

Speaking of which - you have more snow than I do in my town in Canada. Can't imagine my dog being weirded out by snow, she loves to sit in it for hours. Too funny!

Well, its the first snow I can remember in the last 3 years or so, in that aspect, we are no match for Canada LOL. Even though it snowed heavily most of the day yesterday... its all gone today. Sun is out bright and strong. I would bet thats all we get (probably for a great long while)

Most reactions

Back