Snow Thunderstorm!

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, as you might know, we are getting pounded here in Maryland with two snow storms. I wouldnt really call it pounded in terms of amount of snow..but we have had whiteout conditions, thunder, tons of lightning. It has been quite a show! I dont have any photos of the lightning, unfortunately. As far as I know, none of it actually came out of the clouds. This, however, is the sight from my front porch as I write this if you care to see:

Nikon D300s
Sigma 10-20mm F/4-5.6 EX DC HSM
10mm
10s
F/8
ISO200
+2 EV

DSC_5621.jpg

Video coming soon!
Mark

Oh my ... this increases my hopes that no more snow be coming our way in this winter...

i have seen a lightening storm in the snow once way back when i was a kid living in michigan. it was the scariest and most awesome thing i have ever seen.

Wow, that is pretty crazy. I can't stand when it gets below 30 degrees out here! It looks like I HAVE NO IDEA!

It looks like its snowing beads.

We're getting 2-3" per hour right now. It's pretty good snow.

This is the first time Ive seen lightning in a snow storm. Because of the refractive elements that snow posesses, the lightning produces some of the most beautiful, amazing, awe-inspiring tones of blue that light up everywhere at one time. It is litterally one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. The snow in the air also muffles some of the noise of the thunder, and you can almost hear it struggling to break through the snow. It is just amazing.

Mark

Wow, if only the conditions were easier to capture haha.

I dont think the photo turned out too bad for being a 10s exposure in the snow.

Thanks everyone!
Mark

Try getting the Lightning! That would make the papers! I had a few of my bolts in the paper! Lightning and Snow! Great combination! I have never seen that!

Just saw the news, NY looks like got pounded too....

anyways, nice pic.

Too late for the lightning. I missed it waiting on the batteries to charge. :grumpy:

Mark

NEXT PURCHASE Extra Batteries. I think I have about 5 or 6. Yeah 6 just counted them! LOL

OMG; I am dead-frozen to see that :shock:

##################################

Video coming soon!
Mark
: releasing date ? ;)

Your earlier video, i really liked

waiting

Regards :D

Most reactions

Back