A tree covered in snow ... C&C please

KrisztinaK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot this a few weeks ago when we had some snow passing through here. I, personally, like this shot. But please don't let that stop you from providing some C&C. That is why I am posting it. I need to know if it's just me ...

If it's not a keeper, please tell me why.
If it is, please tell me what I can do to improve this type of shot the next time I encounter one that is similar.

Thanks in advance.

ISO200, f/8.0, 1/250,
$IMG_6707-BW_web800.jpg

It is a nice black and white conversion. I would have liked it better if it had just been the one tree in the foreground against a featureless sky - maybe this wasn't possible. For me, the background is too cluttered with the other trees but that is just me. If you like it, that is really all that counts. Just as you may not appreciate every photo that others take, not everyone is going to appreciate those that you like - simply a matter of personal taste.

WesternGuy

Pretty much what this guy said^
But maybe it does work. I stopped and roamed around your photo, and while I was there I noticed the odd formation of branches, which kept me studying a few moments longer. Any photo that forces a viewer to pause and look deeper, is a success, even if this pause wasn't for the reasons intended.
Every press of the shutter doesn't need to produce a wall hanger.

Bottom line: I enjoyed my stay and thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back