Snowday Animals

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We had a bit of a snowday here in central Virginia, and so I took some photos of the animals around my house. I still, for the life of me, can't figure out how you people fill the frame with your animals. I'm at 600mm and still have to crop a bunch, and in less than optimal lighting situations, the results are very subpar (as you'll see from the bird photos here). I like how the squirrel shots turned out though. I believe she is nursing?

1. Snow Animals Dec 2018 - Pause Shoot Photography-1.jpg
2.Snow Animals Dec 2018 - Pause Shoot Photography-2.jpg
3.Snow Animals Dec 2018 - Pause Shoot Photography-3.jpg
4.Snow Animals Dec 2018 - Pause Shoot Photography-4.jpg
5.Snow Animals Dec 2018 - Pause Shoot Photography-5.jpg
6.Snow Animals Dec 2018 - Pause Shoot Photography-6.jpg
7.Snow Animals Dec 2018 - Pause Shoot Photography-7.jpg

Last one's a cracker, really does suit s the long portrait crop.

Just practice, work on your fieldcraft. Wear clothing that breaks up your silhouette. Never look at the creature straight in the eyes as that will scare them, and don't walk in a straight line as you approach, more like a zig zag and stay low.

You could also bring some seed and nuts to feed them through the winter.

Just practice, work on your fieldcraft. Wear clothing that breaks up your silhouette. Never look at the creature straight in the eyes as that will scare them, and don't walk in a straight line as you approach, more like a zig zag and stay low.

Good tips! What kind of clothing would you recommend?

And what do you mean by that one being a "cracker" ?

If it’s snowing you could wear white or a mixture of white / camo all depends on your environment. Aim is to break up your silhouette so the bird or animal doesn’t poop itself when it sees you.

With regards to the last compliment, which is what it was. Over here in Scotland we use that word, basically means, good, brilliant, awesome take yer pick

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

If it’s snowing you could wear white or a mixture of white / camo all depends on your environment. Aim is to break up your silhouette so the bird or animal doesn’t poop itself when it sees you.

With regards to the last compliment, which is what it was. Over here in Scotland we use that word, basically means, good, brilliant, awesome take yer pick

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Cool, I didn't know that! Thanks for that.

I'll work on my camouflage skills! I've always wondered just how effective it is.

he means its aces, mate.

Most reactions

Back