jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I redid some of my favorite pix from the deep freeze that Texas experienced this past February. I didn't have some of the tools that I have now, so I thought I'd go ahead and redo them, especially since I think these were part of the lost photos from the outage. They were taken on a Canon 2000D with the kit 75-300mm lens in overcast, snowy, freezing conditions. I really felt sorry for these birds, because they weren't prepared for this kind of winter weather. The Robins and Waxwings stripped all of the berries they could find from the Hollies and Junipers in the area. In turn, the hawks were hunting these guys, and kept them moving from tree to tree to get out of the area of the hawk's patrol circles above.

A Robin eating snow in a Juniper Tree
RedRobin20210217 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

A pair of Cedar Waxwings trying to keep warm in the freezing temps
CedarWaxwing2021021701 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

A Cedar Waxwing sheltering in a Juniper Tree
CedarWaxwing2021021702 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

These birds are beautiful the Robin is amazing!

Haven't seen Waxwings here for years. Hopefully we might get some this winter. Always good to see.

I'm not a bird photog, but really enjoy this series of photos. Thanks.

Nice set, Jeff. Wish we had cedar waxwings around here, they're a beautiful bird. I like #3 the most. I'm having trouble with my camera not focusing right so I might not be posting much of anything for awhile.

Haven't seen Waxwings here for years. Hopefully we might get some this winter. Always good to see.
We have a large Holly hedge shading the back of the house, and it is covered in berries in the fall and winter, which brings both the Robins and Waxwings to the back yard. They were also plentiful out at the nature area.
I'm not a bird photog, but really enjoy this series of photos. Thanks.
Thank you!
Nice set, Jeff. Wish we had cedar waxwings around here, they're a beautiful bird. I like #3 the most. I'm having trouble with my camera not focusing right so I might not be posting much of anything for awhile.
Thank you! Hopefully you can get that fixed with minimal expense.

Nice set. I like that robin in the trees. Nice capture.

Really nice set. Well done. Thank you for sharing. All I got were some pics of my Beagle playing in the snow.
Thanks! There was no way that I was going to let a little chilly weather keep from grabbing my camera and going out. The trail along Lewisville Lake is only five minutes from the house. It was a Winter Wonderland out there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back