Snowmobiles (sleds) on water

polymoog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.polymoog.se
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If there is no snow around, just tape over the air inlets, add a cannister and rope as a marker, and hit the lake ;-)

This event was held in Northern Sweden in July this year. Competitors have to get round the course without sinking ...

haw005.jpg

haw004.jpg

haw006.jpg

haw009.jpg

I didn't do any noise reduction here b/c too much detail was lost otherwise, hence the grainyness in some parts of the pic
haw012.jpg

haw015.jpg

haw017.jpg

Here the guy on the right is blurry b/c the guy on the left is overtaking him
haw020.jpg

haw021.jpg

haw029.jpg

haw031.jpg

Should maybe have zoomed out a little here but he came closer to me than expected (I was standing in the water for all but the first 5 shots)
haw034.jpg

haw036.jpg

Colours went a bit weird here (washed out), started having exposure and contrast issues towards the end ...
haw037.jpg

I don't think this is a good pic technically (exposure, contrast, lens flare) but I inlcuded it b/c I felt it has an "end of the evening" feel about it - or not?
haw038.jpg

Really annoyed that the sled is very slightly blurred in this, esp the skis, should have maybe had faster shutter speed, he was coming quite fast towards me ...
haw042.jpg

All CC welcome :)

Edit : all pics have been PS'd to adjust shadows/highlights and sharpness plus noise reduction in some cases

Very interesting pics as I've never seen anything like it here in SoCal; thanks.

Most reactions

Back