Snowscape b&w

I like it. The tone defines the snow without making it appear dirty and everything else appears as it would to the naked eye. It may have a touch of glare but that's how I remember snow appearing. If your aim was to capture how it appeared I think you did well. Good job! Now send some of that beautiful white stuff south of the Mason Dixon, all the way down to Sarasota .... and no less than 4" of it. :cool:

I like it. The tone defines the snow without making it appear dirty and everything else appears as it would to the naked eye. It may have a touch of glare but that's how I remember snow appearing. If your aim was to capture how it appeared I think you did well. Good job! Now send some of that beautiful white stuff south of the Mason Dixon, all the way down to Sarasota .... and no less than 4" of it. :cool:

Are you in Sarasota? I’ve been there a few times. I really enjoyed the Shelby Botanical gardens.

Are you in Sarasota? I’ve been there a few times. I really enjoyed the Shelby Botanical gardens.

No, I'm in sun City Center, a little north of Sarasota. I just want to hear them crying about the snow. :02.47-tranquillity:
I've never been to that garden, must be pretty nice.

I realize that you have completely different lighting conditions and post processing styles in the two images that you've presented but I do prefer the second image.

Could this be that being a great Canadian snowback that I see the more true lifelike snowscape? Yes it could be. However I think it is more that I prefer (not a rule or anything you need to follow) in a B&W image to have more of a true black and true white.

This may seem to be an easy task without making some of the image look .....dirty. Look out for the intermediately lit snow around the shore. It can look a little drab. Now if this is the case then chuck my observation where it belongs.
I know in the southern areas you don't get as much time to shoot in the snow, but it's really the same as shooting on a well lit beach. Over compensate on lighting but not to the point you blow out the whites. Your camera will try to fool you by turning down the exposure.

Over all I think you did a great job.

Missed these. I think to be honest I prefer the colour but still nice enough.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back