Snowy escape

Puscas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Took this one at 3 am, when the snow started to fall in NYC. Handheld with 1/1 shutter speed, so it's a bit soft, but I think it adds to it. Hope you like it. Any c&c is appreciated.

2285604438_b18bf61f3b.jpg

thanks for looking

pascal

Would be nice if you could have used a lower iso and longer exposure time, but for handheld that AWESOME!

Would be nice if you could have used a lower iso and longer exposure time, but for handheld that AWESOME!

yeah, you're right. But without a tripod...
It's not really handheld btw, I pressed it against a window to keep it somewhat steady and the rest I tried to fix in pp.

pascal

I really like this one! So simple. My eye is drawn in and down into the shot, and I love how the snow is perched on all the flat surfaces (the slats/steps/railings of the fire escape) without having fallen through.

thanks Siren.

thanks Antarctican; I was thinking the same, it looked like someone took a pen filled with snow and just started to make a drawing...:)

pascal

I really like this too, it has a delicacy and lightness about it....which is interesting considering the subject is steel and bricks, very well done.

i love it, the little bit of grain gives it a great feel, makes it seem like it was taken ages ago. great shot

very nice shot, I like the composition. I agree that the picture has a very old feel to it which help this particular subject. The picture look very filmy, you took with a dslr though right?

Thanks for the comments people.

Yes, filmy is a term that came to mind when I saw the scene. The pic does look old, but I never seem to get that real grainy feel with a dslr. This one is another example where the high ISO produces more of a noise rather than grain.

pascal

what iso did you use? Normally I detest iso's above 800 but the graininess makes the photo. very neat.

I took a few pics from the snowfall too, I happen to be out and about when it started but with no tripod.

what iso did you use? Normally I detest iso's above 800 but the graininess makes the photo. very neat.

I took a few pics from the snowfall too, I happen to be out and about when it started but with no tripod.

1600. And thank you!

pascal

Most reactions

Back