SO ANYWAY, I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong here. My composition sux

LightSpeed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wasn't going to post this, but since I'm a beginner and have only been at this for a little over a year under natural light.
I never had a flash until just recently. Or anything.
I have been studying the inert square rule and it just seems like I got the flash wrong here.
This was off camera, set to about half force.

Then I tried to print it and I think I may need KmH's help here because when I tried to print it , I changed the setting from relative to perceptual on a 20X30.
I have no idea what that did but it looks almost the same in the print as it does here.

HELP!
6948078251_dcfcbd6110.jpg

My photo prof says to print on relative, but that you wont always see a difference between perceptual and relative.

My photo prof says to print on relative, but that you wont always see a difference between perceptual and relative.

Finally someone who knows something about this.
See, I just got this printer around Christmas.
I was kinda hoping to figure out what an ICC profile is before next Christmas.
HELP!

ICC profiles are your printing profiles. What paper are you using? Most papers have their own profile already made up, so you go to their website and download it, then when you go to print, you select it. So when I print, I make sure the basics are right, like the printer is selected, etc, then under color management you want document, then Photoshop manages colors, then Printer profile is where you'll find the one for your paper that you downloaded. Then relative.

My prof explained it as this, the printer can print certain colors within a space. So with perceptual, any colors that are outside, it shoves inside the space, and sometimes that can look off. But with relative, it shoves it inside the space and moves everything else in a bit too...its easier to understand in a drawing lol.

ICC profiles are your printing profiles. What paper are you using? Most papers have their own profile already made up, so you go to their website and download it, then when you go to print, you select it. So when I print, I make sure the basics are right, like the printer is selected, etc, then under color management you want document, then Photoshop manages colors, then Printer profile is where you'll find the one for your paper that you downloaded. Then relative.

My prof explained it as this, the printer can print certain colors within a space. So with perceptual, any colors that are outside, it shoves inside the space, and sometimes that can look off. But with relative, it shoves it inside the space and moves everything else in a bit too...its easier to understand in a drawing lol.

Thank you for your help.
I am going to make another print and test this out.

I still think the image I posted has a problem.
I can't quite put my finger on it.
Thanks to sparky though, I may have found something I can use to prevent future screw up's

I wasn't going to post this, but since I'm a beginner and have only been at this for a little over a year under natural light.
I have been studying the inert square rule and it just seems like I got the flash wrong here.

Then I tried to print it and I think I may need KmH's help here because when I tried to print it , I changed the setting from relative to perceptual on a 20X30.
I have no idea what that did but it looks almost the same in the print as it does here.

HELP!

I have no idea about your printer. I just replied to say I have no clue what you are actually asking. I probably couldn't help you even if I did.

HELP!

I have no idea about your printer. I just replied to say I have no clue what you are actually asking. I probably couldn't help you even if I did.

HEY!!! You're a supporting member!
How did that happen?

HELP!

HEY!!! You're a supporting member!
How did that happen?

I never even noticed! I don't know what happened, if you figure it out tell them thanks for me!

No clue on the printing issue but I like your bug :). Seems as though you've caught an expression in this critter. With the front left leg hanging off it's as though it stopped what it was doing and shifted it's body to get a look at what your doing.

No clue on the printing issue but I like your bug :). Seems as though you've caught an expression in this critter. With the front left leg hanging off it's as though it stopped what it was doing and shifted it's body to get a look at what your doing.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

6733947401_6a91d3e79e_z.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back