))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Your hiccups.

Are you able to stop them as soon as they start? or do you require the aid of water or peanut butter or whatever to get rid of them? Or do you let them just take their course until they finish?

I've been able to control them without any aid. It's sort of a breathing technique, hard to explain. I just think about it for a second, breathe in and out and they're gone. the mrs needs a big spoon of peanut butter.

Water does it for me. I'm not certain, but I think it's the weight of the water that shuts down that spasm effect. Annoying as hell, too, when it happens. :?

It was annoying for me until I discovered I could stop them whenever. I was partying like a rock star after a show we had in Steamboat Springs. I got the hiccups and they were powerful. The guitarist for the other band we played with walked by. I told him I had hiccups and asked what he was going to do about it. He said "1, 2, 3, 4... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 1, 2" and walked away. Gone. Haven't been a slave to the phenomenon since.

doxx said:
I need to hold my breath for about 2 minutes :pale: :shaking: :crazy:

2 minutes? the best ive done is a minute and 40 or so seconds.

And what is really fun is to hic hup and to cough or burp at the same time, ouuuuuuuch, hehe.

Yes the controlled breathing works the best for me. Hiccups are just an irregular breathing pattern. Doing the controlled breathing puts things back in sync. Or so say the medical minds. But who needs them anyways. :p

I hold my breath for about 20-30 sec. and usually is gone. Sometimes drinking a little lemon juice (if you can stand it and no, no vodka in the mix... :D ) helps stopping it.

holding my breath, concentrating and swallowing copious amounts of spit does the trick. ;-)

when i get hiccups i get PAINFUL hiccups. :(

My hiccups are not painful but I usually can control them even without water. That is very difficult though. Mine normally make me feel like I am jumping off the ground.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back