What's new

So damn cold and no sun in Utah...

jjparson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 22, 2008
Messages
190
Reaction score
47
Location
Utah
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried to make the best of what I had. I am definitely still learning. C&C much appreciated. I was thinking along the lines of "the road (or in this case track) not taken. By Robert Frost. A lot on the brain lately, so many choices...anyway this was a way for me to express what I have been feeling with a picture.

Thanks for looking.

Jp

20091221-20091221-DSC_0056-Edit.jpg
 
It is an interesting shot. IMO, you have too much out of focus area at the bottom though. I think I know what you were trying to achieve here but that whole area is too "heavy" and distracting to me (I'm not sure if I'm using the right words here). I would personally crop your photo like this. http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3097/editp.png

I made it a link because I do not want to violate TPF rules. I only did this because it says that it is "OK to edit your photos" I plan on removing your photo from my hosting site after you have seen my suggestion.

I like your use of the lines. I feel like an idiot though, for the life of me I can't figure out what they are. When I read "tracks" in your first post I first thought railroad tracks but after seeing the way they diverge in different directions I am stumped.

I can't really comment on white balance or exposure at all because my monitor here at work is terrible.
 
First off, thanks for taking the time to make a good post. Knowing your thought process when taking the picture always helps.

I think the idea you have is great, but I agree with Gfreg that there is too much in the foreground that is out of focus and not really adding much to the image. The idea of leading lines is a really fun one to play with.

The way you shot it, I would of liked to see some more symetry in the back. I know, hard to do as you can't really move trees. But the one tree that irks me a bit is the taller one to the left of the middle frame. Would of been fun to try and get this one smack in the middle of the frame / middle of the tracks as its the tallest one out there.

I do like the processing, and the creativity put into the shot.
 
I did not really know what to do with the foreground, but that makes a lot of sense to crop it and make it less distracting. I do like some of the detail from the tracks.

Gfreg- they are in fact railroad tracks, where I am sitting there is a convergence of the two, so you are right, there is one going in each direction. No worries about processing the picture. I am not a professional by any stretch.

Twinky- your symmetry comment was actually a thought I had, I a, just learning photoshop and actually used it to remove a couple power lines from the shot. I actually think the lack of symmetry helps to convey what I am trying to say "there are a couple of different paths that will lead to different places"

Thanks so much for the feedback. I am thinking of getting this printed with the poem and framing it. We will see...
 
yeah i like this kind of photography, however you do have a little too much blurred
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom