So I acquired a Nikon F3HP...

Toast95135

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In excellent/brand new condition, for $40 :mrgreen:. It's really in perfect shape, and it has a Nikon f/2 AIS manual focus lens on it in perfect condition as well. Its a beautiful piece of equipment but I'm not sure what to do with it at the moment.

I've been wanting to get back into 35mm photography, but I don't know if I should keep the F3 as a collectible and use it... or sell it and the lens and buy a used VR for my D80 (as well as a cheaper manual film camera).

What do you guys think?

Personally, I would ditch the D80 and shoot the crap out of the F3, but I am not a digital person. You could hold on to it, just for the fact that it is one of, if not the best camera that Nikon has produced. Mine was made in late 1981 ( body ) and is still my goto camera when I am out in nasty, cold, wet weather, because I know that it is going to work. Of course, if you want to sell it, I will give you $100.00 sight unseen ;).

Of all the film Nikon bodies I have/had, I like the F3 the best. IMHO, the F3 is the best MF 35mm camera ever made, and in my book, I think it's the best of them all, MF or AF. Shoot it, beat it, shoot it, and then shoot it some more.

Most reactions

Back