So I am new

Emerana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am new to this site AND to photography. I am really enjoying seeing everyones photos and really looking forward when I will be skilled enough to take such awesome shots. I think this site will teach me alot.

I got a Canon Rebel XTI, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS SLR Lens, Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM Telephoto Zoom Lens, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 and Canon 430EX Speedlite Flash for christmas. I was very good this year! This is my first introduction to anything beyond snapshots on point and shoot cameras. Honestly, I didnt know what ISO was 2 weeks ago. But I am taking alot of photos and reading and studying. I dont want to be professional or anything, just take great photos of my family and other types photos just for hobby.

here are a few of my first tries. I know in a year I will look back and think "wow! I sucked" but right now, even under exposed, wb off, not sharp enough and over exposed etc, I really am enjoying the photos I am making. It is, by the way, a little extra hard getting the shot you want with a 1 year old and a 2 year old in tow who are used to having 100% of your attention :lol:. Needless to say, some of my shooting sessions are cut quite short.

Constructive advice is always welcome!

newlens099.jpg

newlens129.jpg

newyearsparty051.jpg

newyearsparty103.jpg

newyearsparty136.jpg

arboritm099.jpg

To me 1 4 & 7 stand out with 7 being my favorite.

Suggestions: number or caption your photos so that it is easier to comment. Also I try to restrict to 5 pics max in each thread.

Were you auto-focusing or manual-focusing because in number one, the focus seems to be on the hair, rather than the eyes which is the generally accepted focusing technique in portraiture. I like the last one the best. Nice shots.

#1 was a ... lucky shot. Its my son and he was moving very fast. So the focus is off a bit, I guess its a mom-shot. I see it catching alot of my son's personality or maybe even how I see him when I am holding or comforting him. Because to me its the best photo EVER :)

The numbers, I deleted a couple and numbered them to make them easier to comment on as the previous poster suggested.

The last one is breathtaking. Wonderful composition and color.
The second is wonderful as well. What a cute face.
Was this during a holiday get together?

Thank you, I really liked that one too. Texas swamp :)

Yes, the people photos are candids from at a holiday party...the first two are of my son, the rest of friends. I had alot that I liked, I didnt know which to choose. People photos are my main interest.

I think the one with adults in it is really funny. It seems like it should be an ad for coffee crystals. If I were to name it I think I would name it "The best part of waking up..."

I'd say your on to something. Very nice shots. Keep the shutter clicking

Most reactions

New Topics

Back