So I found out why you might *not* want your D300 in 14bit mode...

Definitely not useful if you use compressed NEF as the storage format anyway seeing how you lose those extra bits. :er:

I just read on a FLickr D300 group that with the Nikon D300 1.03 firmware update, this delay is gone. Also read that there have been focusing improvements.

^^^ 1.03? *perks up* I didn't know they had released a new update. mmmm... SOFTWARE! :) I'll have to check it out.

BTW, I shot last night in the city and did some 14 bit images. I have only toyed around with them a touch, so I don't have an idea of any real impact yet. I plan to try work with them in both 8 bit and 16 bit and use the same settings/process to see what I come out with. I'll post some full-res crops here when I'm done. Likely later tonight.

^^^ 1.03? *perks up* I didn't know they had released a new update. mmmm... SOFTWARE! :) I'll have to check it out.

BTW, I shot last night in the city and did some 14 bit images. I have only toyed around with them a touch, so I don't have an idea of any real impact yet. I plan to try work with them in both 8 bit and 16 bit and use the same settings/process to see what I come out with. I'll post some full-res crops here when I'm done. Likely later tonight.

If you upgrade to 1.03, a review of that would be nice, too! :)

Most reactions

Back