So I got a woody today.....

Misleading title :) but I really like the bright red on his head.

Nice pileated! Very cool birds, I caught one hopping from tree to tree one day. :)

I was wondering how many people would remember the "woody woodpecker" cartoon, hahaha! thanks for the comments

secondly, I'm getting a little frusterated by the "post" here with pictures, for example the woodpecker above- the 2nd image is razor sharp here looking at the actual file on my computer and printed (printed it for my boy) but every time, or just about, I upload and resize it looks slightly blurred....I dont get it because there is others on here like yours Eric that are compressed but still keep there upmost sharpness....I'm a little perplexed here...

I was wondering how many people would remember the "woody woodpecker" cartoon, hahaha! thanks for the comments

secondly, I'm getting a little frusterated by the "post" here with pictures, for example the woodpecker above- the 2nd image is razor sharp here looking at the actual file on my computer and printed (printed it for my boy) but every time, or just about, I upload and resize it looks slightly blurred....I dont get it because there is others on here like yours Eric that are compressed but still keep there upmost sharpness....I'm a little perplexed here...

what program are you processing your raw images in?

lightroom 2.5 for the most part, sometimes pscs4.

I see you shot Nikon as well. I too have those programs but find Nikon Capture NX2 the best to process NEF raw images. Once you have edited your photo and you go to "save as" you can choose between jpeg or tiff. When you save as jpeg there is really no loose in the pic because it doesn't compress it like Photoshop cs3 or 4 when you have to save as "web image". I have tried them all and find the NX2 has the best results for NEF files. I only use CS3 for picture frames and small tweeks I notice when framing a Pic.

My 2 cents........ eric

I see you shot Nikon as well. I too have those programs but find Nikon Capture NX2 the best to process NEF raw images. Once you have edited your photo and you go to "save as" you can choose between jpeg or tiff. When you save as jpeg there is really no loose in the pic because it doesn't compress it like Photoshop cs3 or 4 when you have to save as "web image". I have tried them all and find the NX2 has the best results for NEF files. I only use CS3 for picture frames and small tweeks I notice when framing a Pic.

My 2 cents........ eric
thanks I'll have to give that a shot.:thumbup:

I've heard that resizing after uploading tends to have a negative effect on the sharpness of a photo. I can't speak from personal experience but the consensus I've seen says resize in the program then post.

I've heard that resizing after uploading tends to have a negative effect on the sharpness of a photo. I can't speak from personal experience but the consensus I've seen says resize in the program then post.

I Totally agree with that...I always resize in editing program and then download to photobucket and then link to post.

could be partially the issue as well,a lot of times I resize with the hosting site rather than the software..

could be partially the issue as well,a lot of times I resize with the hosting site rather than the software..

Realistically it really depends on the application. For forum posting it can be "good enough" to do it the quick and easy way of just uploading and letting the site do the re-size work (provided its not major differences). Now if you were posting for the purposes of a portfolio or for some other purpose where even the tiniest detail of the image will be noticed and will affect your life directly then certainly the sharpness is important.

Some people have lots of loss of sharpness, but in my own personal experiences I haven't notice any significant drops...yet. The biggest thing I do notice is the subtle drop off of color on the host sites.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back