So I just got my wireless flash trigger....

jenn76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographicmemories.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I bought the Gadget Infinity wireless radio triggers that they talk about on strobist.com to fire my flash off-camera. Just got them in the mail! Does anyone who has this have any tips/advice/recommendations or anything I should know about them before I try it out? Thanks in advance!

best thing is just to get out and use em, mess around, read the manual... learn all the settings with it... i havent gotten a radio trigger yet, but I will be soon, they are so awesome and you can get some amazing shots being able to move your flash around.

Yeah, just play with them! I just bought a Quantaray MS-1 for $20 brand new. It's a tiny little optical slave flash. I _LOVE_ it. I've only played with it for an hour or so, and I just have one, but even having that one off camera flash makes a huge difference!

Yeah, just play with them! I just bought a Quantaray MS-1 for $20 brand new. It's a tiny little optical slave flash. I _LOVE_ it. I've only played with it for an hour or so, and I just have one, but even having that one off camera flash makes a huge difference!

these are great.. i have one on my second flash.. such a great way if you dont have the funds to get pocket wizzards

Does anyone who has this have any tips/advice/recommendations or anything I should know about them before I try it out?

Don't forget to get the stand out from under the plastic before you toss the box. It's not exactly a high-quality item, but you can never have too many of those things laying around, and that one fits well in the pocket of some camera bags.

Receiver batteries cost about $13/pair at RadioShack. Transmitter batteries cost about $2/pair at WalMart. Buy a few of each and keep them handy. You might want to go ahead and toss the included transmitter battery just on principle and put a fresh one in.

If you have a lightweight strobe, (I'm using Sunpak DS20s for cheap "beater" lighting) set it up on the receiver and mount the whole mess on a monopod so you can use it to play around with different light positions easily. I hardly ever have to extend mine; just holding it at arm's length plus to 18" or so of the collapsed monopod and the receiver is usually enough to make a really big difference.

i got the ones that don't have the stand built-in and i know that the battery in the receivers is the most important. when i got mine the batteries had just enough of a charge to "work" but i replaced them anyway. so that would be my only suggestion.

now go have some fun!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back