So I was walking....

Defy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.nickandv.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We were taking our dogs for a walk and as it got dark....

bat1.jpg

bat2.jpg

I know it's not that cool but it was cool for me these bats just came out of no where so i zoomed the flash out and started taking pics! then i turned the flash off and cranked up the iso and tried (those were worst). both were taken with a 35 1.8. I thought it was pretty neat.

So does anyone know how to take photos of bats flying at night???

Surprised that worked at all... interesting.

I thought those were bad pictures of the moon lol.

.....until I relized that the moon doesn't travel in a v shape...ahaha.

I thought the same.

lol I thought you were going to try to explain a ufo encounter guess not fail on my part lol

Hey are you going to enter those photos in the "Bats, Balls" contest? hahaha

Unless you're prepared to expend some effort, including multiple strobe setup and luring them to a defined flight path you'd better stick to hanging bats. You have to get really, really close to them.

i was wondering why they are so white? i bet if i had a sb900 it would have been better.

lol I thought you were going to try to explain a ufo encounter guess not fail on my part lol

LOL .. I thought about UFO or Ghost encounter after I saw the photos.

i am going to try again tonight (just for S&G's) my set up will include the 35 1.8 and 3 speedlights 2 on 8 foot stands. We'll see what happens....

I know it's not that cool but it was cool for me these bats just came out of no where so i zoomed the flash out and started taking pics!

i know this is a noob question, but what does it mean to zoom the flash out?........im going to buy a 430 ex speedlite and i was just wondering

yeah no luck!

As for the zoom question: you can zoom your flash like for nikon you have

SB 600- 24-85mm
SB 800 goes to 105mm
SB 900 goes to 200mm

What is does is focus the light (kinda like twisting the end of a mag light) to concentrate the beam to match your lens length. Mine does it automaticly or you can manual zoom it out.

Most reactions

Back