So many Manfrotto tripods!?...

gl600

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,
I'm looking to get a Manfrotto tripod (with a ballhead). The problem is that their site does not seem browse friendly to me (meaning that it's hard to compare and really feel like you know what you're looking at).
Can anyone suggest how to go about selecting which tripod is good for me?
There seem to be so many that are very similar to each other.
I know that some of you might say: 'just go to the store and se what feels good for you' and that could work, but right now I'm looking for a way to efficiently research their tripods.
Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum.

You might check out a good store's website. B&H or Adorama, for example, should have many different models listed. I don't know if that will help you choose though.

I actually do tell most people that the best way to choose a tripod or a camera bag, is to look through them in person. The reason being that personal preference is probably the biggest factor in choosing one over the other.

Of course, you can check the specs on-line.
Make sure that the legs & head are rated for the weight that you will be putting on it.
Make sure that it meets your height requirements (either high and/or low).
Look at the weight and decide if you want to go with something heavier or something lighter.

They say that when talking tripods, there are three main factors;
1. Being strong & sturdy.
2. Being light weight.
3. Having a nice low price.
Now the kicker is that you only get to choose two factors for any tripod.

I'd also check out Slik, I recently got the Slik 700DX Pro and love it... much better than my previous Manfrotto 3001.

I paired it with my Manfrotto 488 ball head, nice combo!

I know Manfrotto is the go-to brand when it comes to tripods and tripod recommendations (no "What tripod should I get?" thread is complete without a "Go manfrotto!" comment). I don't mean to disparage Manfrotto. Manfrotto is a good brand, but there are also many other good, but not so well known brands. This advice is echoing N0YZE's comment.

In any case, one brand I've had good luck with is Benro. They make quality tripods, but lack the brand-name-markup.

Even if you don't go with Benro, my advice is to look at more than just Manfrotto (if you haven't already).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back