so my first "photo shoot" is tomorrow

iPhoto17

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i'm pretty much ready for this, i have my lights ready, a tripod just in case, a few backdrops and light diffusers, the only problem with this is that its at 4 in the afternoon and i wouldn't really want any natural light mixing with the halogen light if that'll make be such a big deal anyway.

and be sure to take plenty of pictures, i'm not expecting to be paid for this at all but i will put all the photos she wants on a CD and give it to her, besides, this will be good practice.

Make sure to check your white balance!!! It is possible that there could be some mixing of daylight and halogen, so a custom white balance taken at the scene would be a pretty good idea, as would be shooting in raw capture mode.

Make sure to check your white balance!!! It is possible that there could be some mixing of daylight and halogen, so a custom white balance taken at the scene would be a pretty good idea, as would be shooting in raw capture mode.
unfortunately i do not have a program that can read RAW files, as much as id love to shoot RAW, and as for white balance, ive never made my own custom one, nor does my camera have a white balance setting for halogen :(

Ouch! RAW is a must!
id much rather prefer to shoot with B&W film when i didnt really have to worry about white balance and RAW, by the way, whats JPEG fine? my camera has 3 different JPEG settings, normal, fine and basic. there is also RAW and RAW + JPEG.

I used to shoot JPG only, i wont touch it ever again haha RAW is def a must. I've also nvr made my own white balance either :/

If you are going to shoot JPEG use Fine! But like the others I would recommend you get a program to read the raw files. Photoshop Elements or LightRoom3

Yo can get programs that read your raw files for free ...

There is no way of avoiding ambient light with halogen because they are no where near powerful enough ,you might just have ambient light unless the lights are within 3 feet, custom white balance is a must and so is raw

ive tried multiple programs but none of them seemed to work

Sounds like your codec for your camera body isn't installed. You should have a CD with the codec and RAW processing software from your camera company with your camera body - otherwise on the company website there should be download options for both.

Failing that Photoshop elements has a RAW reader and is pretty cheap on the market. (you will however still need the codec

ive tried multiple programs but none of them seemed to work

Sounds like your codec for your camera body isn't installed. You should have a CD with the codec and RAW processing software from your camera company with your camera body - otherwise on the company website there should be download options for both.

Failing that Photoshop elements has a RAW reader and is pretty cheap on the market. (you will however still need the codec
i just looked through all my CD's and my camera box and there was no software, just a CD for the manual

try picassa....that'll read em.

Most reactions

Back